287 Exhibition St
Work has been ripping through me, have barely had a day to eat out - so going through some of my past food adventures. This was about 3 months ago or so, and meant to be a Macrob catch-up dinner of sorts but they mostly ditched and I was left third-wheeling J and L. Which I didn’t mind too much, better this couple than many others :P
We struggled for awhile in deciding what to eat before consulting Urbanspoon in the last lecture of the day (this was during uni!); and stumbled on a Thai restaurant with a pretty decent score so off we went! It’s just a short walk up Little Lonsdale to get there so good location.
We ordered (in the order pictured):
- Pad Thai - As good as any Pad Thai I’ve had, it’s one of my favourite noodle dishes from any cuisine. There was a good balance of flavours, and they weren’t stingy with the amount they gave you - so much that we were picking at it towards the end as we were getting full.
- Beef Salad - Wasn’t too impressed with the salad, it didn’t have a good mix of vegetables - it just didn’t feel right as a Thai salad should. It felt like just a mix of random stuff put together with a dressing.
- Thai Red Curry with Chicken - We ordered a mild curry as none of us could handle spice too much, and I must say I really enjoyed the curry! There was a good mix of everything you’d expect in a good curry with a depth created from all the spices used. Would have happily had more of this.
- Roti - The roti was a bit disappointing, it was flat and didn’t have the puffiness you’d get from a good roti. Sure, the satay dipping sauce was nice but the roti honestly just tasted like squashed toasted layer of flour.
- Coconut rice (just hiding behind the red curry) - Just your good ol’ coconut rice, nothing can really go wrong with this but thought I’d include it so you know the full meal.
Overall, a nice Thai restaurant in the CBD but not sure I’d frequent it much unless I lived in the area as there are nice Thai restaurants closer to home.